[kictanet] Google appeases Pakistani censors with country-specific version of YouTube

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Tue Jan 12 23:35:38 EAT 2016

Listers

In light of the Netflix debate and KFCB assertions on Regulations here's an interesting article on Pakistan regarding. YouTube.

> http://www.dailydot.com/politics/google-youtube-pakistan-censorship-country-specific-site/

One statement caught my eye:-
In February 2014, Pakistani officials announced that they were extending the YouTube ban “indefinitely,” because “no tool or solution has been found which can totally block offensive content.”

Different countries are trying to  handle Internet Governance in their own ways. One thing is clear. The openness of the World Wide Web is under threat globally. We shouldn't jump in the bandwagon of curtailing our freedoms.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113 / 0770906375

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo
Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: