[kictanet] Netflix to be regulated by KFCB in Kenya

David Njuki njukey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:16:34 EAT 2016

> It's a pipe dream - how do you regulate the internet? Netflix is simply
> another streaming service - like YouTube...

This is the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the
regulation.

There are already dozens of sites where you can easily stream _film(s)_ for
free. I wonder how Netflix is different in their eyes, considering in this
case you also have to eventually pay a subscription fee.

Their view is pointless but I doubt the folks at KFCB will dare admit it
publicly now that they have declared their stand.

--

Regards,
David.