[kictanet] Netflix to be regulated by KFCB in Kenya

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Fri Jan 8 19:07:38 EAT 2016

Hi Listers,

I just came across this
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Netflix-should-be-subjected-to-local-rating-standards/-/539550/3025624/-/br9ipaz/-/index.html

Looks like the Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) wants to regulate
Netflix.

I then wonder, is Netflix IN Kenya or is it allowing Kenyans to access it?

When I think of DSTV, which I think is broadcast from SA, every film
classification is as per the classification in SA. I don't think I have
ever seen a film that implies a classification criteria that involves KFCB.

--
*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T +254 20 525 0750 |Office Mobile: +254 716 201061 | M +254 737 811 000
www.at.co.ke