[kictanet] CA loses power to regulate dominant telcos

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 10:15:56 EAT 2016

True that... at JK
But as they say, the devil is in the details ...Is it possible that  the new amendment has shifted the balance of powers on determining the dominance issue from the Communication Authority to the Competition Authority?
What is the practice elsewhere?
But more a pertinent question  would be - what motivated the amendment? Is it that the Communication Authority was perceived to be unable/ill-equipped to deal with the issue and the Competition Authority may have a better chance of dealing with it? Or is it a matter of throwing a spanner in the works so that neither of them handles the matter?
I dont have the answers..just thinking loudly.
walu