[kictanet] Redefine Issue; Net neutrality 'first world' problem?

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 29 13:55:07 EAT 2016

Warm Greetings and pray the week has kicked off well!

This statement comes from what we may term as the "highest authority in ICT in Kenya".

I have no issue with nusu internet and etc from players out there who in their wisdom are attempting to bring some taste of the internet to people - run on with it even if it would be only one website accessible.

However, words have power and they reflect where we are being taken to and we are going.
By now access to the internet should be declared a public good, just as there is "national disasters declaration".

The other ongoing discussion on this mtandao is about toilets and mobile phone, let me borrow from it also.

Some have toilets inside the house, some do not have any thus, we dig pit latrines that are out of the house. Yes, both have access to the sanitation offered by use of a toilet. Is there an implication with respect to access to comfort which we call standard of living?
To make it even better, we have the innovators who've come up with Poop-bags seeking to reach the toilet-unreachable communities; after your job inside your house or bush, the contents once inside the Poop-Bag turn into fertilizer for your home shamba...
Overall, there is a facility to do your job with dignity whether we call it toilet, latrine or a bag. Many ways to skin a cat.

Back to the internet access of a sites and the great value placed on this growing body of knowledge - what does it take to ensure all your people can access the world of the internet from the onset?

The request is for our Leaders to hold and represent a visionary trajectory. Not from a copy-cat point of view or what may at times be trial and error tactics by players (which sometimes are successful too) as they seek for their individual business interests.

Have a blessed day.

Regards/Wangari

---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".