[kictanet] Fwd: Re: [global-nn] Colonialism in the Digital World

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 22:40:27 EAT 2016

The controversial tweets were later deleted by Andreessen, as more Indians began venting their anger on Twitter. “I now withdraw from all future discussions of Indian economics and politics, and leave them to people with more knowledge and experience,” Andreessen said on his Twitter feed Wednesday.
His last statement is admirable.
This case points out someone has to look out for the interests of Kenya and innovators must view their offering as a potential solution but perhaps not the solution that Kenya or any other country needs.

Just as there is dumping of substandard goods in import of manufacturing industry, there is potential for digital dumping too!

India has chosen to look out for its interests through the blockage.

Blessed day.
Regards/Wangari
 ---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".

    On Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 22:19, Joseph Wayodi via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

 On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Ali Hussein via kictanet
<kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
> Listers
>
> The issue of Net Neutrality is becoming pretty hot.. Marc Andreessen sparked
> a furious tweet storm by suggesting that India would have been better off
> under British rule because of the recent decision on Internet pricing and
> 'free' access.
>
> See link below.
>
> Africa needs to define its own Net Neutrality rules..And this needs to be
> done yesterday.

Guys such as Marc Andreessen well know that enforcing Net neutrality
is the right thing to do.

In cases like these, they're just speaking out of their own self
interest. Which isn't surprising at all.