[kictanet] Australian Treasurer proposes 'Netflix Tax' for digital imports

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 22:22:04 EAT 2016

Warm Greetings,
The topic sitting at the centre of this (taxation of start-ups) conversation is corruption and its tentacle effect.
A forming, small or big business will pay its reasonable taxes when the return is fair and even enables the business to thrive more. Otherwise, especially for small (people) start-ups, the tax/levies is perceived as kunyanyasa watu wadogo.

What corruption breeds is that it gives unfair advantages to the bigger entities or more monied players who come into the industry (look around). This scares out the smaller businesses and the guys sitting on the sidelines mulling whether to register their business or not.

The country is fueled through taxes (and other levies). Beyond the human potential not tapped, it is scary since the more the enterprises the more the potential for national development funds.
That aside, tax breaks and tax incentives or special concessions have been applied in Kenya. Is this currently happening in mining, tourism - to incentivise foreign and big players?? It means that it is possible for start-ups, not withstanding the size and ownership.

Blessed day.
Regards/Wangari
 ---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".