[kictanet] How India Pierced Facebook's Free Internet Program

Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu chemukoechk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:59:05 EAT 2016

Hi Mildred,

The article is very insightful. It really is one of those debates where it
will be very difficult to come up with a win win situation for both sides.
On one side it may be argued that Free Basics is granted to an
underprivileged mass of people who would otherwise not afford the service
just like there is affirmative action is granted to minorities. On the
other hand it may be an underhand attempt by a huge corporate to push its
business agenda by creating a monopoly in the guise of charity using
financial muscle that compromises the concept of net neutrality.

Let's see how this plays out!

Regards,

Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu
Tel +254 718181644/771632344
Twitter:@Chemu_koech
Skype:Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu
Linked In: Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 9:53 AM, WANGARI KABIRU via kictanet <