[kictanet] BVR, EVID & Transmission of Electoral Results

Mutemi wa Kiama eddiekiama at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 16:59:23 EAT 2016

Hi Listers,

In the debates I have seen raging online and elsewhere about need for a
non-IT based backup system, the ICT Ministry and Communications Authority
are quoted talking about the 3G coverage in the country or lack thereof. No
one is talking about 2G and Satellite phone coverage. Isn't most of the
country covered by 2G? Does it mean we suddenly can't transmit data over 2G
which we used to before 3G? Interesting that the same Safaricom whose Mpesa
can't be hacked by Al Shabaab can have electoral results transmission
hacked (According to CS Joe Mucheru)! Are we suddenly analogue because
elections are approaching?

Could experts here appear before the senate committee on Elections Act next
week and save this country from an impending calamity driven by ignorance
around ICT?

a bewildered Edwin Kiama!

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Justice Entrepreneur, Human Rights Defender, *
*#DevolutionIsRevolution Champion*

*The Wanjiku Agenda Kenya Foundation (WAKenya)*Ordinary, fearless Kenyans.
https://www.facebook.com/wanjikurevolutionkenya
https://twitter.com/WanjikuRevolt
https://plus.google.com/u/1/+WanjikuMapinduzi/posts
http://www.scribd.com/wmkenya

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change
the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." *~Margaret Mead*