[kictanet] Season's Greetings! A Year in Review, 2016 - DotConnectAfrica!

Gideon gideonrop at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 09:31:00 EAT 2016

​ear Listers,​

​Happy Holidays from ​DotConnectAfrica!

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year
To view in your browser, Click here
<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1102516344150&ca=108c9a76-d9b3-442f-b5f0-fe9c23af692c>
<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=daGtFqc74Z8&c=1&r=1>
<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=daGtFqc74Z8&c=3&r=1>
<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=daGtFqc74Z8&c=4&r=1>
<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=daGtFqc74Z8&c=5&r=1>
<http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Season-s-Greetings--A-Year-in-Review--2016---DotConnectAfrica-.html?soid=1102516344150&aid=daGtFqc74Z8#fblike>

* DotConnectAfrica End of Year Newsletter,  December 2016 *
*    A Year in Review- 2016!*

*Season's Greetings *
* 2016 #YearOfTheWomen  End of Year Message from Message from the
Founder/CEO  *
*~ ~*
*As Founder and CEO of DotConnectAfrica Group, it gives me great joy and
honor to send this end of year message to the entire Pan-African
constituency and *
*international community of supporters and well-wishers all over the globe.*

* Every year I take time to review and go over all that transpired
throughout the year and share with you, as you have been an integral part
of our journey. 2016 has been an involving and satisfactory year, despite
the challenges of  some of what we have had to go through.  We are thankful
for every part of the process and experience.  I am glad to share with you
some of what DCA Group has done and achieved. *

*DCA Walking the Talk and Impacting Lives ** In fulfillment of our
declaration of** 2016 ** as #YearOfTheWomen,  DCA indeed offered** and
created more avenues to promote the woman entrepreneur, the CEO, the
President, the Head girl and the 6 year old who did not want to get married
as she "wants to do her own thing".  Thus these girls and women seem to
have found more rewarding times within their daily lives as well as making
important life choices.  *

*Our **flagship Trust program** Miss.Africa launched a Pan-African seed
fund
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b0D1racYEWdfpPTbRGwQ0Qf5HzGdwJmvnmEQ5x3sR0tCFLJgw-SQoakpdn_56GVzwymKoQ-1hMD2J9TvAJztAhvf-yHiWf_x3NIDSR1yVAYN419dPDzPqrFRToMLU5E-WHRgLTviVVvZoQq2k17anRGTzdKTtDQS_AwsLoD2UnReF_NyMjEUB88o5JARfXvQ7T1PflDCsYLo&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
through our DCA academy programme - an initiative that  supports women and
girls in STEM.   Through this effort, we identify how we might support the
impact and scalabi**lity of their initiatives.*

*   Most of our activities this year therefore were focused in the
fulfillment of the program, related to girls and women in technology.  As
it is well known in Africa, DCA Trust is an early champion of "girls and
women in tech" **among many other* innovative causes we have championed in
Afric*a.**   We started off with tech training program for girls internally
at DCA, followed by the fulfillment of the most popular yearly
"Miss.Africa" seed fund".  The initial fund was able to award multi-country
initiatives including Kenya, Madagascar and Cameroon.    *

*This year in October I was very proud to attend a graduation ceremony of
Twenty Five (25) women
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7byPZaFfioK5LBhcHJcIejNbgBiLW4g8dpI8XDU4kLtw4KuyfynSAWHwtIcuV6PomHXe11FB-Od1iTdt9miy7seLIpAsCYv87f7HSs3p22yX4nlpHZ3cV6bS9BWxxQgct9GnS09kbmubmrvwjJv4_PfE2XmV3FGK9pWfnzjZU5xfbJpE6yavslN52npoOtR75BbbUud_UTzbg3muZXrj_Kugboz-XGKQAiQhyQupX3KpfI9T0pdQuIpbxMB3YePeyxJCw3jVwV3eeezkliBH5n81v0UfL5e3RFb6XqU1WMYHG6tisblNsl-0MCaj0Ca5wwwbDE48AHenV&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
selected from over three hundred applicants who benefited directly from
receiving the Miss.Africa training.   The girls were trained on mobile app
development over a 3 month program by a partner organization.   I also
presented the prestigious Miss.Africa Trophy award to the founder of the
Kenya based organization in recognition of the efforts and collaborations
in making the Miss.Africa program a success.  DCA also utilized our
#2016YearofTheWomen,#STEM4girls, #girls4tech and #womenintech hashtag
themes to campaign for women all over the world by highlighting their work,
recognizing the efforts, participating in their causes, and various
women-centric topics and forums around the world.    In 2017, we look
forward to seeing more African women and girls benefit throughout Africa,
with Miss.Africa program. *

*"When you empower a woman you empower a community".In line with our
mission of educating and advancement of Internet in Africa, other ongoing
efforts of DCA include Digital and Social media dissemination, mobile
platform development and training.  We also have pipeline service oriented
projects that we have been working on to hopefully launch in 2017.*

*Status of The .Africa gTLD Court Case*
* The unfortunate legal challenge we are undergoing with ICANN has been a
burden to DCA's ongoing positive effort to expand and implement our mission
to the people of Africa.   Despite being assisted with Top Tier legal firms
at all times, it takes much of our executive and research time over a
battle that has lasted over 5 years. *

   - *In January 2016, DCA Trust  went to court over ICANN's processing of
   the **Independent Review Panel (IRP)** ruling. **This found ICANN indeed
   violated is Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation and that the Board's
   actions/inactions on our.Africa gTLD application were not accountable*
   *. *
   - *In March 05, 2016, a United States District Court, Central District
   of California - Western Division gave a ruling granting an Interim Relief
   [PDF Case No: CV 16-00862 RGK (JCx)]
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b_xEpEuBRlo59a8Ee-dDjk04unwvrZ-HT53f7bFB3XUTIxO-LwTP1TTVDrgeiIumihDxVBCdamnT6PHG15m6nEG0HA6IrmnIRTEHjdQbfSlgdD-OkuqQ3_KPYbMVrxv8hha15byKziRRn-BsSovLwzvcJQr_qHV1TUZ36SxhynB3si52XNYTkbgk_3mM5UAMG2ZU2KKSWVUI&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
   for DCA Trust by issuing a decision that ICANN should hold off from
   delegating the .AFRICA top-level domain (TLD) for ZA Central Registry
   (ZACR). **The court found "serious questions" going toward DCA's
   likelihood of success on the merits and a balance of hardships that tips
   sharply in DCA's favour.....[Cont'd].... As such, the Court GRANTED a
   preliminary injunction barring ICANN
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b_xEpEuBRlo5mtv6Oc0lCQ2-RhQm-7AYe0SvE28LSyXkoH8VRj0FF8r6kvSJY7BZaOIAzJ9539ravWaOscz5rT98e0csIFK4RKlG5zp6TDo1_XKBnAujdk-WrPw9LW3UUwIjNbL6aZA6uqXkubmpaTXEI6OaNZKhHlIQcET8Yg1g2U3OPIHqayGQDI3piDeo3ReSwH48Wolz&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
   from delegating the rights to .Africa until this case is resolved.  *
   - *Recently on December 14 2016, the Ninth Circuit court of appeals also
   granted the unopposing motions on dismissal of appeals [PDF D.C.
   No.2:16-cv-00862-RGK-JC]
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b8bv5aLDIjmuiXFzapB0EDq8ZGfMoQqgPVQIeoPFDE2Cn1m8Iq51EXlEZtRDzFmz_fWfk0hMXDMYXnxHOWO9c36R_prN77DbHvLIq1utXAqplEyzjt0JTY12OMFVDzWPzs7zzAj7r0uE8Kho5pM2rEnmN2kScBMiRs85t0DFRlcA5DFsqJLjq4SOovgELOQMACFgP9Js1_6OoFe57zM6mqNynA3viv3vcw==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
   on  the district court's lack of jurisdiction and denied ICANN's request to
   include language that DCA's preliminary injunction order is void and the
   appeal is moot. *

*We await the court process that will hopefully concluded soon.*

* African Governments Continued misunderstanding over .AfricaI wrote
various public commentaries and sparked a debate about the ICANN transition
having an impact on the US elections.  I wrote to The Hill a message I
titled "ICANN is already under the influence of Foreign Governments
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b7_l2tv4Yo-p9hC3Lcg41JuDJjCEl-n512Kqx1Vcx7Fm38hK-aR_hpPuiuUltRKqn3NP47zAt1DXGaZ9LvJUxZzEV4NWnd2L5w0Pom-zQ7VtRBnJIBpXjWOx-7pQXtTqwjH4XQ1CSQzWfdguiMyv8KM8CI9cBDDpFiTjVyJPC0PN9pQblhfiiRaZwDdKrClqKRMuZOiDXOD9MFAEA22gpqSL42s3qWxTlpY1QOTRlwC1PkuRYeoPAomZIa_K83411w==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>".
  This drew an example of how ICANN allowed the African Union Commission
(AUC), an Intergovernmental body to heavily interfere in the .Africa
application so as to delegate it to itself.  This eventually led me to take
ICANN to Court.   However. I did not expect that there would be another
body that would try to change the rules.   In support of the AUC, the
African Telecom Union (ATU) recently came up with** a widely opposed
proposal** from an **African Group's Common Proposal (AFCP) **for the
modification and expansion of Resolution 47 to include generic top level
domain and specifically cited .Africa.  To make my views heard, I wrote in
a public rejoinder to the proposal on an Industry blog CircleID: "Why
African Telecom Union (ATU) Proposal Should be Rejected
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b9J9LRqx-1ExDM2eHmrl7U3zHoaOCQA1xeuKEPgIcMce1HgpqA-mEo4aVSzORfRQXGuukA6u-WTG0FchgRe4J8VD3bL1hcZFCXA-l1wPklHLsn7wIYJWnRj4BRO4ztvi0T96uqGXsvRIwvGJe4EZoOC0mMoqvRxH5X6iW5rjoE_nt6Fq1Q6YKl5r8HE5bZjI_Gi2oVgj6moL1GwuxBAqRGw=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>".
I** stated categorically that the ATU's sponsored Tunis "Africa Proposal"
is the same as Uncle AUC's Dakar "Africa Agenda", proposed to circumvent
global ICANN policy, and should be rejected! *

the Secretary General of the
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b7_l2tv4Yo-pQqvgLqfFNywzXuAcl-6kF2rGIU3_V7bQ_LVVn0hHSpzq5ZYty7cI5ywnbNVlpYKg8N2L85UHLnToNqxA4Bf5pyQYr2Kc8jUBGIV4I6PEoOyhFl836VF3q71UtjXkBu4U9e1sfvqy8I9C_y45JdXS0h9q0zwaY6N9fzWgSF2GngJNZBdH8oEqKY9qyWoWn5sG&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>International
Telecommunication Union (ITU) stating ICANN concerns on the  above proposal
and that its initiations might have been triggered by some
misunderstandings of some African countries on a specific Top-Level Domain
application.  This validates my long standing view that the African
governments have always been misled by the vested interest groups on the
characterization of .Africa gTLD.   *

* Finally, while we enjoy the festivities of this holiday season with
friends and family, I  want to give thanks to all our supporters,
followers and those who believed in us as well as those who have been with
us through some of our challenging journey of accomplishing our mission for
the people of Africa. *
*On behalf of DCA Group and myself,  I wish you a joyous, tranquil and
fulfilling Holiday Season  for Africa and the world!.*

*See you all in 2017!*
*Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Happy New Year*

*Sophia Bekele*

*Founder*
*DotConnectAfrica*

*In this Issue*
*Seasons Greetings*

* (Message from Executive Director)Saluting 2016, the #YearoftheWomen*

*DotConnectAfrica Recap; Global Policy Advocacy and Contribution*

*Lisbon, Portugal: High Level Talk: Africa's development on EurAfrican
Forum MeetingNairobi, Kenya: Miss.Africa announces 2016, Seed Funding Tech
Initiative for women in Africa DotConnectAfrica Tedbits: The Innovation
Issue*

* Nairobi, Kenya: Our Impact Initiatives: Miss.Africa Seed Fund App
Developers Graduate. Award Ceremony at eMobilis*

* DotConnectAfrica Tedbits: "THE WOMAN'S ISSUE" *

* Nairobi Kenya: DCA Trust Announces eMobilis as the Winner of its
Inaugural USD 5000 Miss.Africa Seed Fund*

*DotConnectAfrica Update: United States Court Has Granted an Interim Relief
for DCA Trust on .AfricaSalute 2016 - The Year of "The Women": A New Year's
Message*

*DCA Video of the Year*

*DCA Seen and HeardDCA Trust invited to the Strathmore SMC Roundtable:
Promoting Management Science Excellence in PracticeAfrica's first fully
electrified cross-border railway line opens from Ethiopia's capital, Addis
Ababa, to the Red Sea port of DjiboutiDCA Song of the Year*
*Quotable Quotes*

*Message from Editor: SEE YOU IN 2017*
*DCA Video of the Year*

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7bxr4TDTkj2o88lTqyl_JMVkQcXx7TK9hmrD4JSlR2nZ0od5dLL1ED44QybvWRpeRsIi6aWOehMrN4yOs_nUqFaYA1rn0yWRKw1_ziqFvkIyCrQmDwj1n8YJYF3ffHW2HMo_6CzwzvDMkiCBFdWGSHdTWcZUGzqhwejcfXET2Sr9R9NFelbDGOj9y0PSSBVGw6Q==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
Miss.Africa Mobile App Dev Awards Nairobi

*DCA Advisory Board Seen & HeardDCA Congratulates all of you on your hard
won efforts, achievements, and successes in your endeavors.   We value your
relations!  *
* Michael Macharia - Kenya's Seven Seas Technologies raises $3m from Toyota
to digitize medical services  *

Seven Seas Technologies Kenya has received $3 million from Toyota Tsusho
CSV Africa Pte. The deal adds CEO mike Macharia into the billionaires list Read
more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b3sm3KOFLaCe99hMRh50gBd5rytS6thydmQfb0VKnKekAzH7FD6cpucZeBxZ0UMv3Deo9__HeXOela-FeKKJsuUN9otugB0ia130441VyNYCs3wbD-EIvlJqtr74pnr8YXw-9iuOgz88RY2cFSplZwVed_MwRMh1ZeR9Yfe8yWwPJPUPVbTuyzu18evQef3c6YkIaE2c9X5rPl1STmKWyFYASOTd3xQRvw==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

* EXCLUSIVE - Flashback to the 90s - "Building an inclusive Internet"*
A trained molecular biologist, *Dr. Tan Tin Wee,* a pioneer ended up
introducing the Internet and the Web to Singapore. He led the first
Internet service provider, Technet Unit, National University of Singapore
(NUS), for academia and research in the country. Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b5n2T8Fii8TtY1OaRTvWUTezRl9ymM0e0vfaM5ychpY_8ax0jMXgRY95TmzG-NqvD_umaStUex8oU3KkNvDOsHybWEUy-QWqrfJ4mLMvVFHrR-plKVXYTcdisa4P_CwL8X9lxHGld0gi0UgaI_2MFExqpXdUdI2g88pGYUvffAR8cEHac5O6lo09p1K_0Vl4-swT9f76BF85kb6tr7t_9i_j1ojcivjis26R742U-DHG&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

* Salim Amin on "Panel of Judges" for  Africa 2016 Photo Competition*
The winners of the Agility, Africa 2016 Photo Competition have been
announced and awarded. The competition drew over 2,500 photo. Read
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7byPZaFfioK5LKysMuIy2wa7gTGGZJJltcIHUO1EGSmGFXGFJntknLJqFog3zKLWphMKCAKYn5A6Bztt2DWHySdHz_x86m45Oxcsx-FEXfh0xpaKDdM5aj5HAyzAj7uhl5Yzg7C1-YEg1jWQ1-oZFpaRagjDBbpUAZewu5QRjLfZICgTSuzxV6l_Usa3QSkVYPFOxbqUluyhF4q8j3vhNWK8=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

[image: Nebiyu Yosef for dotafrica]
*Nebiyu Yoseph has been named  and will receive the "2017 **Modern Day
Technology Leader"* * award by BEYA STEM,
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7bxr4TDTkj2o87NRGZqxIbepcODZIOzuo7oyD2RyU50sNWL3WPfDm4Tpf_SiSdrr_Eu23B-VUyDeJ8YofniubjkKrz_2SLfjmlZlpzp1kCNxXj75rrR28dGJb07xqUtMX3TYFwnJK1C2pPlFMQu4rsjLAjKjhrljHc7YakTR6xl_z3GsZyVcL3Yb839LO2pRskDrlg0ggESAJljBXF__BcRQYjIYyhjff1Q==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>*
an industry group that supports the industry   Science, Technology,
Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
*Nominated by **AT&T*, in his role of a Lead Advanced Tech Support/Analysis
at Wireless AT&T,  Nebiyu is an Experienced System Architect with proven
history of lead development and production roles.

* Adding to her International accolades Sophia Bekele has been enlisted
among 10 Ethiopian "Women Who Matter" - by the influential  media The
Reporter Daily, Ethiopia  *
Our own Sophia Bekele, is enlisted amongs " Women That Matter
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b8bv5aLDIjmumrRX_kMNXnRbjL9zryXto_muyyXeqvCLAEoV3vToJ4ZQTjAddW1pXq8nOgz-e0mYeKQ9Y0aZw0pQm7wvAEvgZPjDxL7hpSMw2siqzG5w9IUoIyCjdzqSEhB35XH9dKcR2_L8D-N_Zh0DQg88Tz5nXsSrMeMjo6ZaWfuOkoum30ip_Rm7qI-azTmDgajbVRGbdHEVBRppPH6GO2EUlX2jcPpDawMOUw444jEskLUjVALfKsgV-ZN26giRpXP1xZ-NOhhjwmP53CK4cT5qLu5p5ZFhzU4Ndv-MRQ8Kwk2PdlKWyWSGVhoB48dagcpF1Tnf&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>",
in celebration of the Ethiopian New Year January 11, 2009 aka. January 11,
2016 Civil Calendar.

* What/who is your inspiration? Sophia Bekele  "Disrupting the status quo,
people who are game changers, my opponents, and underdogs like David from
The Bible" "It could be film, it could be sports or a big company, but all
made a difference. As part of The Reporter's New Year edition tradition, we
selected 10 women who, during the years, made their mark on society. While
some are obvious choices and some obscure, they were selected by their
achievements and ambitions",*  wrote Meheret-Selassie Mokonnen of The
Reporter Media in Ethiopia, conducted the interviews with these inspiring
women. Read on The Reporter.
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b8bv5aLDIjmuY2zKZSsMUXuyddomSQsvrsRTvd-DfNqPVizYYyq0favejwgyO7Fs-sPw27EicHIB8wSEvmpv9lmgF42gsdkI4xd8FSXTQvx-qWL6XGohOX1gpXecq4urbYDnyaW5ONmkF_Zb-R925YaHeqnNd0Blotxw1xWFHdqP&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
(complete the CAPTCHA)

* Selected media coverage of DCA Trust activities    *

* - ICANN rejects Africa Proposal Tunis Agenda saying Africa misunderstands
ICANN policy
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b5n2T8Fii8Tt0aIod5eIH8b0KezYU3lOB32te57Dv5ekE29eLL9e3lL5tXR412iBKk9-q9YkmrpmXQiKp9ruFtdT7F5WWvsloHRSakjzYfbereIj3_0CVSKs3aeTVE3fvLoEuCr1BLF1u6mDfxPcpx-Y1n7MiwY-jjBd_ha0_njk6i57KB3_eAtUH4QpzbIAvprHzG1LyPmfzWxJ5bW31PJdfgN_e3ZULHN8kmHjU-vJ5HMZ5_Ho1u4=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>-
.Africa: US Court grants Injunction to DCA Trust, says Balance of Equities
tips in favor of DCA
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7bzit8Sd5h8wcneBH0A-Wp_SKaPBlyCKTLrQanciVUUnMWs97xzZR_oGUxmzTXn2cWpwli31o1sALg6j_e7LuR8MTyfPW9Oe8UaM8EVZC5BiUmBVgYIAj5teI81rXTSLa8Oiaad_C8AS97p_9BWScZ5xMwdRCkeMHH-JS8JZQYAF2ch9sZYrj_Ei9UrIq8jKMfoPy9MAgilgmAZlCR50HCu815Trjm9BqBRqUcDt4C0ld6R9Fn02ZnaHEg3_qb2RjSg==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>-
Q&A: DCA Trust Founder on Status of .Africa & Why Other African gTLDs
failed to Go Live
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b3dli7rl2CFHPBSf0YW05hg1IgQbNu1wge14RelIEVGLDNDFLmtB5aRYbctdWQ5hizM5nBlE_JjMs2-cfnpxDxCg5Hqgysk7nNtgD_sBKf2Mg1Ob2e_rxzjudFTfWLgqM-bzRbK2Kco-k8lTrt8BtOwWiHq0xqpqKAnG76ygLTqjyOzxW4Oocw3Mva7gy5udAnoCYObV2UD4&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>-
DCA unveils 2016 Round II seed fund tech initiative for women in Africa
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7bzit8Sd5h8wc1UYHCkIRV32l5EAG2_Y08cGlMhnIGpbYZCEwI_xkUYpHUes7kNYJ-wPyS0SEP5e2J1Xro9FfnYCALam1hMcQ9nK1LeaTP9Z35gtRvTFAmUdYFNAy1oKNm1sfm98xnS32Y1lc0HzNlf8u_Ccj0VyOPVTVz0wm70CgrSQltt5Hb2LGbuq_dD1MqlFDwWlM5elWaQNDRQtR-qzMnO9V9RuiqbsSGM54VWeIIXrwjqFElwr-iFAQRznpew==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
*

* DCA Trust Good citizenry at Strathmore University  Kenya   *
DCA trust was invited to the Strathmore SMC Roundtable. The theme of the
Round Table Forum was *"Promoting Management Science Excellence in
Practice"* and with the objective to give the students the exposure as well
as help them to understand the standards they will be required to have as
they seek to join professions in the management science area.

DCA Trust in the past participated in the career day and advised students
on best industry ideals and skills.

* Made in Ethiopia: Africa's first fully electrified cross-border railway
line opens from Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa, to the Red Sea port of
Djibouti    *
The dream is that one day the railway will extend from Djibouti's coast all
the way across Africa to the Atlantic Ocean. Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b4vNoNUfleZsBm7ek3ocuJtUys3cBO6SF34-0qlmOpv1BjIV5RXKxPvdKcEXNZfIHYuhu2e2mBUx6-ispeokr0aQSWY1e45DLcxWCFjv5vL5uzAcW9Mc_y_MHnYiS0FxscRQVfnoFnoAFYFFRls9mJs=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

*DCA's Song of the Year*
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b8_1ZiJTrK9lgLRrIvCfhl2yWbSIsP_BrLbBXl1q0UOoHPyuNq3uIvg02EFOSS6qGQOOsJjerxspiIctFvcaKZi0ISKwuCh-v9QZhgnH1zufxWzbUhJa0pbmifXGyj_IAo6_QT5yhQS65Hog_ziDeqjemxFzKqEXpg==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
Loliwe - *'the train is pushing'*
by Zahara

*Zahara (Bulelwa Mkutukana) described "Loliwe" as a song written to inspire
one to achieve their destiny through patience and perseverance.*

*Quotable Quotes*
~
*  "The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in
what direction we are moving."*
-

*Johann Wolfgang von Goethe~*

*Lets meet in 2017!*

* 2016 the #YearoftheWomen has indeed been a great year for the DCA Group,
and we can't even begin to list them all, because you have been part of our
journey.From witnessing successful training of 25 female beneficiaries
Miss.Africa Seed Fund who will go on to become a great group of developers
in both web based and mobile apps. We look forward to seeing another group
of geeks in 2017.We also saw progress in the .Africa court case vs ICANN
where we won two important decisions where the Court granted Interim Relief
or Temporary Restraining Order and later a Motion for Preliminary
Injunction which stopped any delegation of .Africa. In the year 2017 we
expect even more  success both for the case that will conclude hopefully in
February 2017 and for our in-house projects to scale further especially the
Miss.Africa Seed fund project since women represent over 50% of the African
continent's talent that is unaccounted for.We look forward to the new year
for new opportunities and encourage you to continue walking with us.  Thank
you for being part of our journey.    Happy Holidays to you and your own
and blessed 2017!    *

*Thomas Kamanzi*
*Editorial Advisor/ press.africa*
*tkamanzi at dotconnectafrica.org *

[image: Join Our Mailing List]
<https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1102516344150>

* 2016: A Year In Review *
* Saluting DCA's 2016 #YearoftheWomen    *

*#YearOfTheWomen 2016: Women Breaking the Glass Ceiling": * This year was
aptly dedicated by DCA Trust as the "Year of the Women".  From Simone
Biles, the first American women gymnast to win four gold medals in a SINGLE
Olympics or the Ethiopian Almaz Ayana to win the women's 10,000 meters
setting a new World and Olympic record at the Rio World Olympics 2016 to
Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton First Woman Nominated by a major US, Party
for Presidency for US election, to the women who work daily to make the
world better. Viva to you all!
Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b_xEpEuBRlo5O9ZtN46BOEC08H9hN2HWTRUFERz7hdrBU6ntaYR5SceHhCnj7pOz0SfR-qONHhgLMAqPgD-pt-DyTkw74OBI-RwHagqxeDepsIbJtDjAEZmDFO3ryRGGvur46MmkIXCt3kKWtLalpsnroqbdn0WboEUoxa-6ncrW5qgFkNpC07quUKceQO8lx4wJRlCe3jDp&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

* DotConnectAfrica Recap:Global #PolicyAdvocacy, Commentary and
Contributions   *
During the year 2016 DCA Trust and its affiliates has contributed to and
participated in several Internet Governance topics and forums that include :

   -
* Commentary: Why African Telecom Union (ATU) Proposal Should be Rejected
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b9J9LRqx-1ExDM2eHmrl7U3zHoaOCQA1xeuKEPgIcMce1HgpqA-mEo4aVSzORfRQXGuukA6u-WTG0FchgRe4J8VD3bL1hcZFCXA-l1wPklHLsn7wIYJWnRj4BRO4ztvi0T96uqGXsvRIwvGJe4EZoOC0mMoqvRxH5X6iW5rjoE_nt6Fq1Q6YKl5r8HE5bZjI_Gi2oVgj6moL1GwuxBAqRGw=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
   *
   - *Commentary: **Would internet transition have an impact on current US
   election?
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7bxJO_mi74bVwXnRVGUgbAjp1GJWlMil4vLYvXNT_RjuzB2VLpEfxt4rOgJhxCnej9hRzxuhgZwcwAJ2d3fLA7I-3iIR4iBUPfdtuGyoJPCTe0613amftVwhJM07j1hqAmGg8eyZlGA7zyN-bw70eKMnlDAH7zyUwFCZRkd5yhZZyuIhN7VHThFzcmLy62ubJu1_KSwi_KPJyZaGF_9h-Sw5dZ9VyCVsGRkp9bRjtEcF21JXpf3Ta9Uw=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>,
   by  DCA Principal for The Hill.*
   -
* Q&A: DCA Trust Founder on Status of .Africa & Why Other African gTLDs
   failed to Go Live!
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b3dli7rl2CFHPBSf0YW05hg1IgQbNu1wge14RelIEVGLDNDFLmtB5aRYbctdWQ5hizM5nBlE_JjMs2-cfnpxDxCg5Hqgysk7nNtgD_sBKf2Mg1Ob2e_rxzjudFTfWLgqM-bzRbK2Kco-k8lTrt8BtOwWiHq0xqpqKAnG76ygLTqjyOzxW4Oocw3Mva7gy5udAnoCYObV2UD4&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
   *
   - *Commentary: The IANA Transition's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very
   Bad Day
   <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b48wD5VdBvFIBxHOiF0O8X6AdNF8GWzBFt41SRzcI2vuVmZpuMnsher7fEFW4n698Fvq93NNhGT4V-WHaHLvqrgfrhba5cws8gV7xFXuO3PNUgYJzkKL0THvleqYSLV4d004mTzdL3O9aLo5uLVr5QXhhNK-kp1X9_1FcCXvtEZ3HHprLdwMihkqIhCgUByUyrhywF8c1McImHc5tmFFQteYleQXnVghtA==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
   *

* Lisbon, Portugal: DCA at High Level Talk: Africa's development on
#EurAfrican Forum *

*Main picture: EurAfrican Delegation Inset: Left: DCA Founder Ms. Sophia
Bekele with Portugal President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa*

International Entrepreneur and ICT Activist, Sophia Bekele was invited to a
high-level key note panel at the Eurafrican Forum in October 2016, Lisbon,
Portugal. Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7byPZaFfioK5LBhcHJcIejNbgBiLW4g8dpI8XDU4kLtw4KuyfynSAWHwtIcuV6PomHXe11FB-Od1iTdt9miy7seLIpAsCYv87f7HSs3p22yX4nlpHZ3cV6bS9BWxxQgct9GnS09kbmubmrvwjJv4_PfE2XmV3FGK9pWfnzjZU5xfbJpE6yavslN52npoOtR75BbbUud_UTzbg3muZXrj_Kugboz-XGKQAiQhyQupX3KpfI9T0pdQuIpbxMB3YePeyxJCw3jVwV3eeezkliBH5n81v0UfL5e3RFb6XqU1WMYHG6tisblNsl-0MCaj0Ca5wwwbDE48AHenV&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

*"Regarding technology and innovation, Africa is heavily focused on the
apps economy, a gravitation towards mobile, cloud computing and internet of
things (IOT). This is helped by the fact that women and youth are getting
to be part of this innovation because of the work that organizations like
DCA Trust is doing locally. As regards broadband in Africa, it is not so
much the lack of connectivity but the quality of connectivity which needs
to be improved."*-- Sophia Bekele

* Nairobi, Kenya Our Impact Initiatives: Miss.Africa #SeedFund #MobileApp
Developers Graduate.    *
October 2016: After a successful 3 month training of the Twenty Five (25)
women selected from over three hundred applicants who benefited directly
from the Miss.Africa Seed fund. Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7byPZaFfioK5LBhcHJcIejNbgBiLW4g8dpI8XDU4kLtw4KuyfynSAWHwtIcuV6PomHXe11FB-Od1iTdt9miy7seLIpAsCYv87f7HSs3p22yX4nlpHZ3cV6bS9BWxxQgct9GnS09kbmubmrvwjJv4_PfE2XmV3FGK9pWfnzjZU5xfbJpE6yavslN52npoOtR75BbbUud_UTzbg3muZXrj_Kugboz-XGKQAiQhyQupX3KpfI9T0pdQuIpbxMB3YePeyxJCw3jVwV3eeezkliBH5n81v0UfL5e3RFb6XqU1WMYHG6tisblNsl-0MCaj0Ca5wwwbDE48AHenV&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

* Nairobi, Kenya: Miss.Africa announces 2016, Seed Funding Tech Initiative
for women in Africa    *
July 21, 2016: DCA Trust in a* #STEM4girls* Pan-African campaign, the
Miss.Africa program is mobilizing a Round II Seed Fund for Tech initiatives
n Africa that will avail small grants to support women and girls in the
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or
expand their own initiatives that will increase digital opportunities in IT
related training, jobs and leadership roles. Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b7C1l08RUM6BZ2hmEc8oE4jaWOTI_WqNl6fxmKInuPXR6kazdkEUfc9i4nFyX3XGZlglFn7MbsX1ur8UEssUfppuTkhvGigsH9x-2kn5Yj6kaxgmDJDMf6gAyk0NsgpfVfdYM_xRtSPL36L3udzfSfI14C7o_EjJtzYtEkNHC61sKpnIh0QvZ_C0UaTZ9-vrFqYoMTsyk118&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

* DotConnectAfrica Tedbits: "We Paved the Way" THE #INNOVATION ISSUE    *

*"Miss.Africa, Generation.Africa, the .Africa gTLD - *
*We know we rallied Africa"*
  CEO, DCA Group, Sophia Bekele

June 2016: DotConnectAfrica is very proud that most of the PanAfrica
initiatives we pioneered in Africa such as Miss.Africa for Women education
and empowerment  particularly in ICT and STEM has now gotten attention of
African leadership and mainstreamed in the African Agenda at various
African Counties.  Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b_xEpEuBRlo5O9ZtN46BOEC08H9hN2HWTRUFERz7hdrBU6ntaYR5SceHhCnj7pOz0SfR-qONHhgLMAqPgD-pt-DyTkw74OBI-RwHagqxeDepsIbJtDjAEZmDFO3ryRGGvur46MmkIXCt3kKWtLalpsnroqbdn0WboEUoxa-6ncrW5qgFkNpC07quUKceQO8lx4wJRlCe3jDp&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

*Madagascar: Django Girls initiative empowered by Miss.Africa fund*

DCA agree and believe in the power and untapped potential of Africa and we
have made strides in ensuring that this potential is uncovered.

*Kenya: Inaugural Grand Prize Seed Fund Winner eMobilis with part of the 25
women benefited from fully funded training*

*Pycon Cameroon programming training session funded by Miss.Africa fund*

*More pictorials from our activities can be accessed here
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b2-7DThATu9ZGse0d9d2a-eLnZV9mu4Re8o_xDF_ebiDOxpxWyZtTGlZapJSTg4rnHQ1U6EqfHnnCxIlWt6OEfUFGbP_9WyZDkZ5vaaFdQO7RxzWNdxaBPHz5gTQzdT0Arucn38SMrcC9jSQoyjnge4=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>*

* Nairobi  Kenya: DCA Trust Announces eMobilis as the Winner of its
Inaugural Miss.Africa #SeedFund *

*Happy Women's Month*

March 15, 2016: The Miss. Africa Initiative, a pan-african trust program of
DotConnectAfrica (DCA) announces its winner of the Miss.Africa 2015 USD
5000 Seed Fund as eMobilis. Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b6oDgxTP5PbdQhrrbvNubKTBdp5O48_sPPCtvoPn7PFvqyGIYlmCT0Td8iQ67XK6sPRq7yKVsEj7tRg2A22roOoj613h2-8uvj7vOLzuIexv4Z0UVOb4mI0wf2Jg1YrAHtqDK93xT0L4TVgELsW_lpcGRVtALezFMZQzva0w_oK3TBj1NZgPcIBsPQEtECCDBq3rWmFSs4OZ&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

* California : US Court GRANTS DotConnectAfrica a Preliminary Injunction on
.Africa  *
April 12, 2016 Nairobi, Kenya:A UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, CENTRAL
DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA - WESTERN DIVISION ruling has granted a Preliminary
Injunction for DotConnectAfrica, the decision for case no. 16-CV-00862 RGK
(JCx) [PDF] DotConnectAfrica Trust v. Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers & ZA Central Registry.

The Court finds it more prejudicial to the African community, and the
international community in general, if the delegation of .Africa is made
prior to a determination on the fairness of the process by which it was
delegated.  Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b_xEpEuBRlo5mtv6Oc0lCQ2-RhQm-7AYe0SvE28LSyXkoH8VRj0FF8r6kvSJY7BZaOIAzJ9539ravWaOscz5rT98e0csIFK4RKlG5zp6TDo1_XKBnAujdk-WrPw9LW3UUwIjNbL6aZA6uqXkubmpaTXEI6OaNZKhHlIQcET8Yg1g2U3OPIHqayGQDI3piDeo3ReSwH48Wolz&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

* DotConnectAfrica Tedbits: "THE WOMAN'S ISSUE"   *
Celebrating the End of Women's History Month

*"Women's **issues are no longer being discussed in dark corners and hushed
tones"*

March 2016: From our newsletter, Internet industry updates, policy trends,
tips, and news on Africa.

It is indeed the Year of The Women and what a great start it has been!.  Read
more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b6vrXCfLQ09yR5x2B5HXYzBsg7g3qAYsYDA3lrheFbw_M_or_0_17pcEYpZeBDZrIPgBrWM5L6d8ELRS2BGOZMGhp8HX-m2GH4Ij09cepAmsdQ7AEampU5AzHpPiOlJM1t-2igxae1ur7BTdiSw46pdEiSXymfaNRSome9FcAplRsg2O9y22_HMhS55_8tSSvJ1vuxVV0olF&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

* DotConnectAfrica Update: United States Court Has Granted an Interim
Relief for DCA Trust on .Africa *
March 2016: A UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
- WESTERN DIVISION ruling has granted an Interim Relief for
DotConnectAfrica by issuing a decision [PDF Case No: CV 16-00862 RGK (JCx)]
below that ICANN should hold off from delegating the .AFRICA top-level
domain (TLD) for ZA Central Registry (ZACR).  Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b_xEpEuBRlo59a8Ee-dDjk04unwvrZ-HT53f7bFB3XUTIxO-LwTP1TTVDrgeiIumihDxVBCdamnT6PHG15m6nEG0HA6IrmnIRTEHjdQbfSlgdD-OkuqQ3_KPYbMVrxv8hha15byKziRRn-BsSovLwzvcJQr_qHV1TUZ36SxhynB3si52XNYTkbgk_3mM5UAMG2ZU2KKSWVUI&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

*Salute 2016 -*

* The Year of "The Women": A New Year's MessageDCA Christening 2016 as
#yearofthewomen" *

January 2016: 2016 came with such hope and promise, we continued to promote
the equitable transformation of the women and youth initiatives, as a
priority, to forge in the power of "Creative disruption".   Read more
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b0LD9tDygURjTN4QkWtPFRWtd5jITw2g3SsccDCfgyl0T9hnroR7piXgthtvPCNqktzfzj8kMJVhbDcKlqLWqrNk85Fa6NY5Ml2YYu0BEAUF4X4mm5401dCWh2_4RlyRB3Af-GXVwVYdVY2VeH6HcXJUNS6MCmiJHIFUUeWrQ4x0boHNv9mD5RXJuxctGkGIibgKJWhN7TWm&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

*  Connect with us on our multilingual social media platform*s
[image: View our profile on LinkedIn]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b7nX1eBaulVnj_BSpcwhIk4AZQsgDQbR8NpPyPWBuKtkESEXJceqdtlYTVvXpt41cXrk1InGSo4X6wBo5C35MxKVEb4Bkkqlp53PeOKpms8q5DE-mdBxT8lliYFlxDcj5JyNFlVjmVao4utB1hpIJNjGT9R_uSA-WQ==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
  [image: View our videos on YouTube]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b3dAKzKQlMnPcikBsbX3b_7YYs8C4uIjw-T2Q3zuAlYRZg6V2xBfe06cEul7b9ErSzhqcYMIYohHMqyLGSeNaHDBfzxASbUm0oskfJcWq-UOTn5DvLK__5V9FxCx4fW2eJD0iz4_ttYd0DYtIsfNsMc=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>

[image: DCA logo]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b3dAKzKQlMnPZvzrVCH29tEwPQYSXIqb_bvOKP88TSSxuemqwYMJUsgyFM0vck6AVua4V8hsJiyklSgSrt3_lHRWLY9NaQhYTqEtCQB4FzcAauVg4EbiRkTcPyccyowpjQ==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
[image:
dotafrique logo]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b36ooFCiBNtvvuZkoPSVZUWt5s_yubjnBVFEHx7MjAtknB9YWnyBLfAXn3sBYms0z84-F2yFXMgrNFHdI1zrSh5ljoEqC93VJ0M_YReExcua_EwV3zbX9BkShGnA0TaPrg==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>[image:
dotafriqya logo]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b36ooFCiBNtvpOYf60i5VB9blJl8z8LaWU6manXK8-5Cb8QFD-GSjZ80g56GEk_uPiLWqE7NsvhCnonNpXkL07YO2dRAFsCfzItvL-ayxr75Ln5CuJ7No1B6kw1Qq06ybg==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b7JnIsL-XV99mbGjmzVD0ogMaH2QwSugPPU5TpyGtLDieLaPsXq5LEip6y4aurijUvdvQ1fChwZJaJulWUB9v44KmzETlWNlPQakFATNtl9N&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b5KAAMKyh27Ha5D3pr8SyKerGmrnAW0o8iuiq1mIAZHjwBgCjsbQc9-PmcZ3J9HFguwop99y9kDkOyGcE84eCxOm87a_j5sSXmYkKOZ9OVIBalUQ4Q6I1wY=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
[image: DotAfrica logo with no labels]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b7nX1eBaulVn-EJGgFimeZA2JNHCPDd3_6uqb4xPh82eTE07kCxJmPUYoRqy1JW8NyieQA1_pj88MsKLaUgXOpZFaFnbnwNiyBwACxNNpukOB3kulZt2VBbRuQ0asshpN3pVlKNyUpLQ&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
[image:
dotafrique logo]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b1Uhbjv2IzO6_3A2Rbq-5dFW6KU-9aviucR5toBtoAaTirFmGg-rUEHa_ddMUAmwfx5ODqyY43HUDwR6d5HONBgirzt_cqqJBTbNT23FT8_z6sKgm3z3ewaXiXAPKE3foBHYH3R95ZKL&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
[image:
dotafriqya logo]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b1Uhbjv2IzO67W5hLd6hljTqGT5NaWRvRvEm2q2C9okpjWF2FVcmpTmsYMLTVoF-O5kyWt62JtV4PQ48IBrk2_3kQQhI2Gn7GpxoWZ8MXJgftCiPqoEx8p4tS5PwfEEQyyyQyCZGUFd3RMsYuGQjzpqVZt4u5iCWxHU_OaZSNDlPWwhb1Ztd64c=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
[image: Follow us on Twitter]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b3dAKzKQlMnPZvzrVCH29tEwPQYSXIqb_bvOKP88TSSxuemqwYMJUsgyFM0vck6AVua4V8hsJiyklSgSrt3_lHRWLY9NaQhYTqEtCQB4FzcAauVg4EbiRkTcPyccyowpjQ==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
*DotAfrica;
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b3dAKzKQlMnPZvzrVCH29tEwPQYSXIqb_bvOKP88TSSxuemqwYMJUsgyFM0vck6AVua4V8hsJiyklSgSrt3_lHRWLY9NaQhYTqEtCQB4FzcAauVg4EbiRkTcPyccyowpjQ==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
DotAfrique
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b36ooFCiBNtvvuZkoPSVZUWt5s_yubjnBVFEHx7MjAtknB9YWnyBLfAXn3sBYms0z84-F2yFXMgrNFHdI1zrSh5ljoEqC93VJ0M_YReExcua_EwV3zbX9BkShGnA0TaPrg==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>;
DotAfriqya
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b36ooFCiBNtvpOYf60i5VB9blJl8z8LaWU6manXK8-5Cb8QFD-GSjZ80g56GEk_uPiLWqE7NsvhCnonNpXkL07YO2dRAFsCfzItvL-ayxr75Ln5CuJ7No1B6kw1Qq06ybg==&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>
[image: Like us on Facebook]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dStwmmvxJntpQjUPOhj0JXjtPufy7SyzmdIgT4KVf-Nohv02NOC7b1Uhbjv2IzO67W5hLd6hljTqGT5NaWRvRvEm2q2C9okpjWF2FVcmpTmsYMLTVoF-O5kyWt62JtV4PQ48IBrk2_3kQQhI2Gn7GpxoWZ8MXJgftCiPqoEx8p4tS5PwfEEQyyyQyCZGUFd3RMsYuGQjzpqVZt4u5iCWxHU_OaZSNDlPWwhb1Ztd64c=&c=y-bDGzKx2so6e-hVfsg0fx9dVnGZNllEux8lOu_HidbGoaxObkmc-Q==&ch=2PraaiTuHWtiaxxRH1qKL3gv1D1yGbXYKcbokgGWlglgzJDA8pfnNg==>DotAfrica
[...]

DotConnectAfrica, 1/F River Court, 6th Denis Street ,  , Port Louis,
Africa Mauritius

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=wkvqrzcab&m=1102516344150&ea=gideonrop%40gmail.com&a=1125887995678>
<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001lWKnchynT7X5vxeCZUNB0A%3D%3D&ch=d1024350-20b6-11e3-86e9-d4ae527b8c41&ca=108c9a76-d9b3-442f-b5f0-fe9c23af692c>