[kictanet] Internet, phones blocked as House debates election laws - Politics and policy

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 07:59:03 EAT 2016

Technology to locally disable gsm devices has been available
commercially for a long time, and is typically used in some countries
in areas you are asked not to use mobile phones, such as cinemas.  I'm
not sure if this tech is legal here.  Advice from CA is needed.

I am guessing, but I think the reported blocking of 'internet' was
only via gsm, and was blocked as a consequence of blocking the gsm
devices.

Whether such localised blocking of communications is permissible is
debatable, but it certainly gives cause for concern.

I think clear direction is needed ahead of August 2017

Cheers,
Tony

--
Tony White