[kictanet] Proposal: an ICT practitioners registry.

Collins Areba arebacollins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 07:03:47 EAT 2016

Dear all,
First, apologies for cross posting. I needed this to go through to both
lists (and if you can, share it widely).

As a pre emptive attempt to keep rent seekers at bay in the name of
regulation, I propose a portal, named "ICT practitioners registry", a free
to join, free to leave online registry.

It shall be a self regulating Web portal where anyone who considers
themselves a practitioner shall fill a Web form (to meet the "registration"
bit) and shall be assigned a registration number.

We can even have the system generate pdf membership cards for those that
wish to have them printed and certificates generated for printing for those
that wish to print them.

We shall then have a separate list where quacks (not alleged quacks) who
have gone through the judicial process and found guilty of being quacks can
either be listed separately as quacks, or temporarily or permanently
suspended.

In doing this we will have left the burden of proof on to the "prosecution"
and not the "defence" to prove who is and who is not a ICT professional.