[kictanet] ICT Authority Proposal to act on Quacks proper and within Legal Mandate

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sat Dec 3 06:46:39 EAT 2016

Kamotho

Let me reiterate one thing. We may have gone through all the loops to make changes to the bill but it doesn't change the reality. The reality is this:-

1. This bill is simply a bad idea and we resorted to horse trading because it was the only avenue available.

2. There is no guarantee that the Parliamentary Committee will implement our requested changes. Our major concern is that if no changes are made we will have been seen to have been 'consulted' and the bill deemed to have passed the Multi-Stakeholder test. We will be loath to accept that.

Bottom line my brother is that this Bill will die. Whether in parliament or at the stake of implementation. It just simply isn't feasible.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad