[kictanet] Taifa Laptop

Lawrence Njogu lnjogu at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 27 23:51:35 EAT 2016

@Ndemo I totally agree with you !! We need to support our own

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 11:03:32 +0300
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Taifa Laptop
From: kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
CC: bndemo at bitangendemo.me
To: lnjogu at hotmail.com

Walubengo,MOIC actually bought 100 Madaraka Desk Tops from JKUAT and Multimedia.  They are still in use and we  never had any complaints.  That is why I advocate for a policy to buy locally made electronic products.  We have an opportunity to compete with India that is priming itself as the global hub of light electronic producta through it moto Make in India.  If you look at Konza's strategic documents, we were high on light electronic manufacturing.  KAIST is looking to build that capacity and several mobile handset manufacturers are eyeing the same.  We cannot be the ones pouring cold water on an opportunity like this.
Ndemo.