[kictanet] Taifa Laptop

Ahmed Mohamed Maawy ultimateprogramer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:39:53 EAT 2016

Its not that I am disputing that fact Dr. Ndemo. But the fact that they can
pay extra to buy a foreign product gives that extra room for choice - in a
free market choice is a must have. Having a free market is in some
circumstances maybe even better for the development of our own products.
Competition breeds efficiency in the long-run.

I totally agree that we need to support Taifa as a product and make it
scale. But again the consumer has the right to have a choice. Some kids go
to University barely on loans that they can raise from family, if they
could. Some just can not - and in my personal capacity having been one of
those on that demographic I can feel what some of these kids can feel.

It just means that we need to become better business people to market that
product better.

I believe Kenyans can be patriotic. All they need is a reason to be so. All
they need is leadership.