[kictanet] Taifa Laptop

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Aug 25 19:35:32 EAT 2016

I like the passion we are showing with the Taifa laptop.

All we have been advocating here is for our people to be empowered, to have
made in Kenya products. Create employment, reduce foreign trade deficit,
and build the confidence of the nation. While in primary school ... many
decades away ..., the Kofa (we could not afford Oxford) mathematical
geometric set was written Shangai China. And since the Nacet razor blades
and fake flower HB pencils were written "Made in China", I used to think
Shangai was Chinese for "Made in".

I digress. Now that we have a "Shangai Kenya" commercial laptop, I would
expect we start by ululating, than give our suggestions on how the local
products can be improved  to compete with the imports.

There is nothing like perfection. Even VW, the ultimate perfectionists from
Germany faked their car emission levels.

Keep up JKUAT, and continue re-inventing your product. Remember Huawei and
ZTE used to be the products not to buy. Not anymore.

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh

On 25 August 2016 at 19:11, manasseh mwangi via kictanet <