[kictanet] Opportunity: Google Public Policy Fellowship @ CIPIT (Strathmore)

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 20:42:13 EAT 2016

Blessed Furahi Day!

Thank you shared with networks!

An interesting phenomenon that support your cause for more tech-savvy Lawyers, Institutions and better Public Institution relations;

https://civic.mit.edu/blog/natematias/legal-risks-to-creative-innovation-and-research-at-college-nj-drops-its

Risks to Creative Innovation and Research at College:NJ Drops Its Investigation of MIT Students Submitted by natematias on May 28, 2015 - 4:56pm

Eighteen months after winning a hackathon innovation prize for a clever idea of a new online content business model, the MIT undergraduates who created Tidbit are finally free from the legal nightmare attracted by their proof of concept. Earlier this week, the New Jersey Attorney General dropped their investigation of the students, ending a case that hung over these students for a third of their undergraduate education. I'm incredbily relieved for the Tidbit undergrads, though I'm disappointed and upset that they had to face this legal challenge for so long.
In this post, I want to share what we're doing to figure out how to prevent similar problems in the future, or at least to better support other innovative student projects with legal problems.
===

Blessed day.

Regards/Wangari

---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".