[kictanet] Parliamentary Committee on Sports Betting

Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu chemukoechk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 18:24:55 EAT 2016

Cybertheft is not really innovation (actually the opposite) ,but sport pesa
is the only company worldwide that has managed to leverage on an existing
mobile payments platform, and that is where the innovation ends. The Kenyan
FinTech ecosystem has allowed the business to thrive which is in a way a
good thing because on a daily basis we are pushing forward new ways of
utilising mobile money...I support that there needs to be a thorough
clampdown on unscrupulous results of this.

The only fascinating thing is what laws will evolve out of this, it gives
us a better understanding of the excesses that can result from financial
innovation and how best we can deal with this in future.

Regards,

Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu