[kictanet] Cyber Security and Data Protection (Senate) Bill Viz Computer and Cyber Crimes Bill (Parliament) - Need for Harmonization

Mark Kipyegon mkipyegon at outlook.com
Fri Aug 5 08:41:19 EAT 2016

Could someone kindly shed some light on the following.

1. With regards to Part IV Section 12, sub section 2, are there
protections for legitimate information security research? Particularly
my concern is with the reporting and disclosure of security vulnerabilities.

2. In Part IV Section 30 on the acquiring of tools; is the offence
acquisition of said tools or in using such tools for illegitimate purposes?