[kictanet] Cyber Security and Data Protection (Senate) Bill Viz Computer and Cyber Crimes Bill (Parliament) - Need for Harmonization

Grace Mutung'u (Bomu) nmutungu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 06:10:39 EAT 2016

Hi everyone,
I understand that this is a Bill emanating from the work of the Senate ICT
Committee. After visiting the counties, they saw a gap in cybersecurity and
protection of infrastructure.

The issue of whether Senate can legislate on this- the Bill will affect
Counties and their governments if you read the memorandum.

One thing we have learnt from the process of the ICT Practitioners Bill is
that legislators/committees appreciate their role under a presidential
system. We, wananchi also need to appreciate our role and entry points if
our input is to be meaningful...

Regards,
On 3 Aug 2016 11:20 p.m., "Barrack Otieno via kictanet" <