[kictanet] Computer and Cyber Crimes bill 2016 Day 5 of 5 Part I Preliminaries

Kelvin Kariuki kelvinkariuki89 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:40:42 EAT 2016

Dear Listers,

Our sincere apologies as we were unable to post this topic on Friday. Thank
you for your continued contribution on the previous topics, feel free to
still comment on them under their respective mail stream.

This section is made up of the following sub-sections:
1 — Short title
2 — Interpretation
3 — Objects of the Act

You can access the bill here: http://www.mygov.go.ke/?p=11234 or download
the attached document.

The Concerns
1. Are you okay with the title of this Act? If no, what is your suggestions?
2. On the interpretation part, is there any word that you feel has not been
interpreted in the right manner? If yes, kindly state it and along with
your preferred definition.
3. Do you think this act has exhausted all the objects required to
effectively carry out cyber-crimes investigation and prosecution?
4. Is there any other concern you have regarding this part? Feel free to
raise it under this mail stream.

We are looking forward to a fruitful discussion on the above concerns and
much more.

Thank you.
Barrack and Karis.

Best Regards,