[kictanet] CBK lacks tech savvy team to survey local lenders

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:14:53 EAT 2016

Most of the problems faced are based on people (soft) issues.
Technology does not necessarily solve people issues, it is just a
facilitator, who says an ethical hacker cannot turn rogue using the
same tools?

As Waudo mentions we are not short of expertise , i think we are short
of values.

Regards

On 4/27/16, Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
> Thanks Ali and Dr. Waudo.
>
> Just wondering what is the view of ISACA Kenya Chapter on this, and the
> role they have played in ensuring such skills are legislated in statute.
> ISACA may be certifying experts who don't add any value in society when
> their resume are gathering digital dust in dropbox and Google drive. The
> questions we should be asking is how ICPAK was able to ensure their
> certifications are a must for somebody to perform any accounting work. Mr
> Paul Roy, the ball is in your court.
>
> Regards
>
> ______________________
> Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
> twitter.com/lordmwesh
>

> On 27 April 2016 at 14:08, waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for sharing Kivuva. The CBK should advertise for these positions.
>> There are scores of very qualified candidates in Kenya.
>>
>> Waudo
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet wrote:
>>

>> http://www.nation.co.ke/business/CBK-lacks-tech-savvy-team-to-survey-local-lenders/-/996/3178888/-/438fkcz/-/index.html
>>
>> The Central Bank of Kenya’s (CBK) unit charged with supervising lenders
>> lacks a tech savvy team to watch over transactions amid a confidence
>> crisis
>> after the collapse of three banks, Parliament was told Tuesday.
>>
>> Gerald Nyaoma, head of bank supervision department, told MPs that his
>> unit
>> lacks the expertise to audit banks’ Information Technology (IT)
>> systems—which rogue and greedy directors have exploited to lend
>> themselves
>> billions of shillings of depositors’ funds, breaching banking
>> regulations.
>>
>> “I acknowledge the key role that ICT experts would play at the department
>> and this is the advice I personally gave the governor (CBK head Patrick
>> Njoroge),” said Mr Nyaoma.

>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and
>> development.

>> online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and
>> bandwidth,

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254733206359