[kictanet] CA to appeal court’s quashing of disputed law

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:47:02 EAT 2016

Thanks @Sydney for sharing. Just in case anyone interested missed out the ruling, it is attached. Riva shared it yesterday.
"Mr Wangusi added that there is nothing unconstitutional with section 29 of the Kica, and her interpretation of the law did not capture section 33 of the Constitution which caps the limits of freedom of expression. “I have not seen the ruling but definitely we are going to challenge it... There is nothing unconstitutional in that Act since it conforms to section 33 of the Kenyan Constitution,” Mr Wangusi said.“While freedom of expression is guaranteed in our Constitution, the same Constitution states that one cannot use his freedom of expression to undermine the freedom of others,’’ he said.

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 11:29:01 +0300Subject: [kictanet] CA to appeal court’s quashing of disputed law [feedly]From: kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.keCC: sidney.ochieng at gmail.comTo: ggithaiga at hotmail.comI guess we're going to the Supreme Court?----
CA to appeal court’s quashing of disputed law
// Business DailyThe Communications Authority (CA) of Kenya has vowed to challenge a ruling by the High Court quashing a section of the Kenya Information and Communication Amendment (Kica) Act.
----Shared via my feedly readerSidneyTouched not typed from my Infinix Z3_______________________________________________ kictanet mailing list kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet Unsubscribe or change your options at https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/ggithaiga%40hotmail.com The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development. KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth, shar