[kictanet] CA defends hefty pay to board members

Grace Mutung'u (Bomu) nmutungu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:21:29 EAT 2015

Maybe state owned companies (including independent regulators) should be
having AGMs where the public and other stakeholders can give their input on
corporate governance. For instance, what percentage of revenue should be
used in administrative expenses? To what extent should these bodies be
assisting us to fulfill our national goals and activities? (The thought of
additional taxes to fund development while we could have been more
efficient with our public resources across the board)

kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>:

> The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) has attributed hefty sitting
> allowances paid out to board members to regulatory changes in the industry
> that necessitated numerous sittings for the directors.
>
> http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/CA-defends-hefty-pay-to-board-members/-/539550/2889266/-/tniyvk/-/index.html

Grace L.N. Mutung'u
Nairobi Kenya
Skype: gracebomu