[kictanet] Reminder: Forum on Internet Freedom in East Africa Sept 28 - 29

Juliet Nanfuka. juliet at cipesa.org
Fri Sep 25 16:42:37 EAT 2015

Greetings,
I trust that you are well. This is a quick reminder of the Forum on Internet
Freedom in East Africa taking place in Kampala, Uganda next week on Monday 28
and Tuesday 29 at Golf Course Hotel.
If you are in Kampala (which is a hive of Internet related talks and discussions
this and next week ) and are keen on discussing the intersection of human rights and the internet
please do register. We have an exciting line up of local and international
speakers who will be sharing their thoughts on internet freedom, access to
information, the economy of the internet, freedom of expression online and so
much more. Have a look at the Programme (including registration if in Kampala)
As such, we would like to create further awareness on the many discussions
pertaining to internet freedom in East Africa and encourage you to follow
hashtag #FIFEA to stay tuned to and contribute to the conversation and debates. Remember to
also follow us @opennetafrica @cipesaug
You are welcome to share your thoughts on Internet Freedom, reports, pictures,
digital security tips, and relevant interesting links using the hashtag too
Quick Links: The Programme can be found on this link: http://www.cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=191 The Forum page is on this link:
http://www.cipesa.org/activities/forum-on-internet-freedom-in-east-africa-2015/#comment-22183
A Little overview of the Forum on Internet Freedom in East Africa Internet Freedom | 2 Days | Over 60 Speakers | 13 Panels | State of Internet Freedom in East Africa Report Launch| Cocktail
Function

Speaker affiliations: Article 19, Bayimba, Bloggers Association Kenya, ICT
Association Uganda (ICTAU), Globaleaks, iHub Research (Kenya), Internet Society
[(Africa) (Burundi) (Uganda)], UNESCO, Facebook, Kenya ICT Action Network
(KICTANet), Ministry of ICT (Uganda), Makerere University, Media Institute of
Southern Africa (MISA), Paradigm Initiative Nigeria, Protège QV, Uganda Media Centre, UNESCO, University of Nairobi, Web We Want, Writivism,
Women Of Uganda Network (WOUGNET) and many more!
Countries represented: Burundi, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Uganda, United Kingdom, United
States of America, Zambia
Well done to the Internet Society - Uganda Chapter in partnership with the
Ministry of ICT (Uganda) and supporters for sparking debate and discussion on
Internet Governance in East Africa!

Best, Juliet
Juliet N. Nanfuka
Communications Officer
Mobile: +256 (0) 773 949 345 |Office: +256 (0) 414 289 502
@ChewingStones

Collaboration on International ICT Policy in East and Southern Africa (CIPESA)
Plot 156-158 Mutesa II Road, Ntinda | Kampala, Uganda
www.cipesa.org | @cipesaug | https://www.facebook.com/cipesaug

Sent with Mixmax