[kictanet] Safaricom allocated license for 800mhz

James Wanjau bkwanjau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:49:20 EAT 2015

I was also under the impression that Safaricom was getting 4G spectrum in
exchange for doing the CCTV project without charging a cent.

On 2 September 2015 at 09:12, Barrack Otieno via kictanet <

> Hi Ali,
>
> If my memory is clear, this is in exchange for implementation of the
> National Mulika Mwizi system (ccTV) that is being implemented? i must
> have seen that somewhere in the press, i stand corrected though.
>
> Best Regards
>
> On 9/2/15, Ali Hussein via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
> > Listers
> >
> > FYI. See attached Kenya Gazette Notice.
> >
> > This license for the 800mhz seems to have been allocated solo without a
> > bid.‎ It will enable them to go commercial on LTE 4G and home
> > broadband......furthering their dominance with assistance from the state?
> >
> > Confusing signals? On one side CA is bent on 'taming' Safaricom. On the
> > other it is issuing new licenses without a bidding process? I can't
> pretend
> > to know the process of how this comes about but would appreciate a step
> by
> > step explanation by anyone who is familiar with this process. I'm sure
> there
> > is a valid explanation to this..
> >
> > Ali Hussein
> > Hussein & Associates
> > +254 770 906375 / 0713 601113
> >
> > Twitter: @AliHKassim
> > Skype: abu-jomo
> > LinkedIn: http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
> > Blog: www.alyhussein.com
> >
> > "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking
> what
> > no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >

> --
> Barrack O. Otieno
> +254721325277
> +254-20-2498789
> Skype: barrack.otieno
> http://www.otienobarrack.me.ke/

---Freedom is the right of all sentient beings---
Thanks and Regards,
Kariuki James Wanjau,
(+254) 0717-315-092