[kictanet] Safaricom allocated license for 800mhz

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Sep 2 05:24:49 EAT 2015

Listers

FYI. See attached Kenya Gazette Notice.

This license for the 800mhz seems to have been allocated solo without a bid.‎ It will enable them to go commercial on LTE 4G and home broadband......furthering their dominance with assistance from the state?

Confusing signals? On one side CA is bent on 'taming' Safaricom. On the other it is issuing new licenses without a bidding process? I can't pretend to know the process of how this comes about but would appreciate a step by step explanation by anyone who is familiar with this process. I'm sure there is a valid explanation to this..

Ali Hussein
Hussein & Associates
+254 770 906375 / 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo
Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad