[kictanet] I&M suspends online card transactions

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:10:06 EAT 2015

Read the article, they have just changed from enabling cards by default to
enabling them on request.

Enabling by request is what most local banks do, including KCB, Equity,
Co-op.

Enabling by default means that while only 10% of your customers ever need
that functionality, 90% have it and are not aware of associated risks.

Therefore makes sense to only enable on request .

Unfortunately, headlines tend to be written to make you read the story -
and people tend to draw conclusions from headlines.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 10:49 Ali Hussein via kictanet <