[kictanet] I&M suspends online card transactions

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Oct 7 08:05:22 EAT 2015

Listers

Interesting story about the pitfalls of ECommerce payments.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/I-M-Bank-suspends-online-card-payments/-/539550/2901814/-/k38ilvz/-/index.html

As one of the few acquirers (The others are Barclays and KCB, soon to be followed by Chase Bank) this doesn't auger well for online card payments in the country.

Fortunately for us we have other payment gateways we can use.

I'm curious to know what impact this will have on eCommerce in the country. Anyone can share insights?

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113 / 0770906375

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo
Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad