[kictanet] Access to Information Bill makes quiet progress

Sidney Ochieng sidney.ochieng at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:21:48 EAT 2015

I'm currently working on a post on this very same bill. I'm glad that it's
moving forward but there are some sections that may be subject to
interpretation which may be broader than anticipated. So my question is,
has the period for public comment closed?

On 24 November 2015 at 13:48, Barrack Otieno via kictanet <

> In Summary
>
>    - Whereas governments are entitled to secrets, most developing
>    democracies abuse this privilege to declare anything and everything a
>    ‘state secret’ in order to suppress, control or simply misinform the
>    citizenry.
>    - But more importantly, rather than just releasing historical
>    information, the Bill empowers any citizen to request any contemporary
>    information held by state and private entities and expect a response within
>    three weeks.
>

> http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/walubengo/-/2274560/2969520/-/xlyx8tz/-/index.html
>
> --
> Barrack O. Otieno