[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] IGF2015 Update - Day 1 - Kathy's HuffPo article, IGF Daily, Digital Watch, more

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:31:12 EAT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan York <york at isoc.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:12:14 +0000
Subject: [Internet Policy] IGF2015 Update - Day 1 - Kathy's HuffPo
article, IGF Daily, Digital Watch, more
To: Internet Policy External <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

Internet policy subscribers,

There's already been a HUGE amount of activity related to the start of
IGF 2015 in Brazil.  We've been tracking much of it on our
https://www.internetsociety.org/igf2015 landing page and also on
https://twitter.com/internetsociety but I'd like to give you all a
number of pointers.

1. The Huffington Post published an article by Kathy Brown on "The
Internet: An Opportunity for Sustainable Development":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-brown/the-internet-an-opportuni_b_8514084.html

2. We've published daily posts about what our main activities have
been on Day 0 and Day 1:

  *   https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2015/11/isoc-igf2015-day-0-community-meeting-wsis10-high-level-leaders-meeting
  *   https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2015/11/isoc-igf2015-day-1-wsis10-ixps-trust-digital-economy-and-opening-ceremony

3. We have a video available of Kathy's inspiring remarks at the High
Level Leaders meeting on Day 0:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2015/11/video-available-kathy-browns-remarks-igf-2015-high-level-leaders-meeting

4. In our partnership with the Diplo Foundation and the Geneva
Internet Platform, there are now "IGF Daily" documents being published
in print form onsite and also available via PDF.  The Day 1 edition is
available here:

http://digitalwatch.giplatform.org/events/igf-brazil-2015#IGFDaily

5. We and Diplo also announced a call for curators to participate in
the GIP Digital Watch platform and help shape the coverage of various
Internet Governance topics on the site.  The application process is
open to all ISOC members (or you just need to become a member before
applying). You can read more and find the application at:

http://digitalwatch.giplatform.org/aboutus

6. IETF Chair Jari Arkko and other IETF / IAB leaders are also on the
ground in Brazil.  Jari put up a short blog post at:
http://www.ietf.org/blog/2015/11/internet-governance-forum/

7. Finally, If you want to follow the WSIS+10 session, and other
policy sessions, Samantha Dickinson is in Brazil and doing her awesome
level of high-volume live-tweeting at https://twitter.com/sgdickinson

There have also been some great comments today from Raul Echeberria in
the WSIS+10 session and Jane Coffin's IXP Best Practices session is
going well as I write this with some great information.

We are planning to publish a news release later today about Kathy's
remarks at the IGF 2015 Opening Ceremony - you can watch
https://www.internetsociety.org/news for that.  We also expect to have
some other announcements that we'll be sharing out.

Again, please watch our https://www.internetsociety.org/igf2015 and
social media accounts for more updates.

Enjoy,
Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society

http://www.internetsociety.org/<http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/>

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277