[kictanet] Google Moves Its Corporate Applications to the Internet - The CIO Report - WSJ

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Thu May 14 15:33:01 EAT 2015

Yeah, I was going to send that article to the list as well.  Google is way
ahead of the curve on this stuff (I guess that goes without saying).

Large networks are slightly less hostile than the Internet but only a bit.
And in some ways, they may be more hostile since an attacker has a smaller
and more well defined attack surface within a corporate network than on the
Internet at large.

Google is still using the onion model and security-in-depth but they've
recognized and acted upon the idea that allowing large numbers of employees
to access the private network via VPN and then letting them loose on it is
not a strong strategy, just a band aid that all large organizations have
been using for the past 15 years.

-Adam

--
Kili - Cloud for Africa: kili.io
Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM, awatila--- via kictanet <