[kictanet] Is Kenya Putting the Chill on Internet Freedoms?

Lillian Nalwoga lnalwoga at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 00:18:22 EAT 2015

Thanks @ Walu,

Not sure I can confirm those rumors on .UG but yes, an update on
developments in Uganda will be shared soon. What I can say is that Uganda
is moving fast in the internet freedoms area with a draft Data protection
and privacy bill in place and yet to be tabled in parliament. See:
http://tinyurl.com/l6ydggd.

I know Kenya has tabled its bill in Parliament, so lets hope it to gets
enacted this year.

Best,
Lillian

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Ali Hussein via kictanet <