[kictanet] Hillary Clinton Comments for First Time on Email Controversy | TheBlaze.com

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:00:32 EAT 2015

@Ali

Some technocrats claimed they were directed by a higher power to make
Goldenberg payments knowing they were illegal. The issue of written and
accessible instructions is not something to be take lightly in a
kleptocracy like Kenya.

http://time.com/3731568/hillary-clinton-email/?xid=newsletter-brief

*Did Clinton break the law?*

Probably not, but we’re still in a legal grey area. The Federal Records
Act—passed in November, after Clinton left the State Department—requires
government officials’ emails that are sent from personal account to be
forwarded to an official account within 20 days. But during Clinton’s
tenure, it was never explicitly required that top-level officials like
Clinton use government-issued accounts. “What she did was not technically
illegal,” Patrice McDermott, a former National Archives staffer and the
head of the transparency group Open The Government coalition, told The Hill
newspaper. But, she said, “it was highly inappropriate and it was
inappropriate for the State Department to let this happen.”

Because her official emails were sequestered on her private email address,
much of her correspondence was not openly available via the Freedom of
Information Act (FOIA), which gives the public right to access information
from the federal government.

*Will we ever see Clinton’s official emails? Or have they simply
disappeared?*

Clinton’s team turned over more than 50,000 pages of emails from her
personal email account to the State Department late last year, when the
Federal Records Act was passed, at the department’s request.

*How do we know that she turned over all required emails?*

We don’t. For several years, media outlets have filed requests for
Clinton’s official correspondences during her tenure under FOIA. These
requests have remained unreturned or unfulfilled, though the State
Department has acknowledged their receipt. Theoretically, all of Clinton’s
emails concerning government matters during her tenure fall under FOIA’s
domain—but they are inaccessible if they were sent between Clinton’s
private account and a third-party agency, such as a nonprofit foundation or
a private consultancy. Clinton would need to provide these emails herself.

Regards

Murigi / Stanley Muraya

*"Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one
who takes a city." Prov 16:32*