[kictanet] Facebook in Kenyan towns, NOFBI and digital inclusion

John Kieti jkieti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 12:00:46 EAT 2015

Dear Listers,

Thanking the ICT authority for an update on NOFBI -
http://www.icta.go.ke/nofbi-update/

Last week I dug up Facebook active usage statistics looking for internet
connectivity patterns in Kenyan towns. Here is a list of the top 20 Kenyan
towns on Facebook usage -
http://www.gmeltdown.com/2015/06/kenyas-top-20-towns-on-facebook.html

My question is, could it be that NOFBI and ICTA internet connectivity
initiatives are too government centric - hence very slow impact? or what
are we doing about digital inclusion in the country with CAK and others?

best regards
--

John Kieti
Phone: +254-735-764242 // +254-722-764242

The ordinary just won't do