[kictanet] Kenya IGF July 31, 2015

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Jun 8 13:36:30 EAT 2015

Thank you Moses for the poll here https://goo.gl/R89j39. We already have
will help us prioritize depending on issues that get the most votes. Please
merge 5. Enhancing Multistakeholder Cooperation ... with 9. Enhancing
working partnerships between stakeholders (Multistakeholderism).

Those two are very similar as Michael Murungi has correctly observed.
Michael,  thank you for the feedback. We have noted your preferences.

Jane Muthiga, your rates are quite good. Thanks for the discounts. However
as you are aware, sometimes we operate under tight budgets and may not be
able to meet you halfway. But we will see how we can bridge that. Perhaps
you can be the event publicity sponsor?

 Thank you Riva for your feedback. I am not sure the two subthemes 3
(inclusiveness and diversity) and 4 (openness) are the same. Oppenness can
be defined as: "The idea of an open Internet is the idea that the full
resources of the Internet and means to operate on it are easily accessible
to all individuals and companies. This often includes ideas such as net
neutrality, open standards, transparency, lack of Internet censorship, and
low barriers to entry". Its actually more plausible to merge inclusiveness
and diversity with Multistakeholderism. Inclusiveness and diversity
captures issues like affirmative action on youth and gender balance, social
economic gaps, and disability.  Any feedback from the community on this is
highly welcomed.

Sylvia, thanks and welcome onboard.  We have captured your preference.

Regards
Hi Grace
Thanks for this.
I am voting for the first five issues (is it possible issue 9 would be the
same as/can be subsumed under issue 5?). In order of preference I would go
for: 4, 5, 2, 1, 3.
But i add that every of these issues is important, it's just that for a
one-day meeting focus would be key

Kindest regards,
Michael M. Murungi

On 8 June 2015 at 00:45, Grace Githaiga via kictanet <

> Dear Listers
>

> Good morning.
>

> As you are aware, two years ago, KICTANet handed over the function of
> organizing the Kenya IGF to ISOC-K, a task that the Chapter executed well.
> However, the chapter is in the process of electing new leadership and a
> request was made to KICTANet to organize the 2015 Kenya IGF.
>

> Accordingly, *Friday July 31st2015*, has been identified as the day for
> this event which will take place at the Stanley.Kindly diarize this date.
>

> The Global theme for this year is *“Evolution of Internet Governance:
> Empowering Sustainable Development”*. This theme will be supported by
> eight sub-themes namely:
>
> 1. Cybersecurity and Trust;
>
> 2. Internet Economy;
>
> 3. Inclusiveness and Diversity;
>
> 4. Openness;
>
> 5. Enhancing Multistakeholder Cooperation;
>
> 6. Internet and Human Rights;
>
> 7. Critical Internet Resources;
>
> 8. Emerging Issues.
>
> 9. Enhancing working partnerships between stakeholders
> (Multistakeholderism).
>

> We would like to focus on 4 or 5 of these themes, or even include topics
> that we think are important to this country but may not be on the global
> list. Further, the event is scheduled for a day and it is important that we
> focus on a few topics which will allow for meaningful discussion(s).
>

> Once we agree on the topics, as is the tradition, we will hold an online
> moderated debate which will then result in the f2f KIGF.
>

> And so in the spirit of participation, we are requesting you to please
> help us prioritize the topics by voting for 4 to 5 out of the list by
> this coming Friday (June 12). This will guide us with the overall planning
> namely the program, speakers, questions for the online debate etc.
>

> Thank you and looking forward to your active participation.
>

> Rgds
>
> GG for the team.
>
> (Grace Bomu, Liz Orembo, Victor Kapiyo, Mwendwa Kivuva, Barrack Otieno,
> Davis Onsakia and Ali Hussein).

Unsubscribe or change your options at
https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/kivuva%40transworldafrica.com

The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform for
people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.