[kictanet] [Security Forum] #KeIGF15 Online Discussions Day Three: Internet Economy

Victor Kapiyo vkapiyo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:27:03 EAT 2015

Parliament did pass the Consumer Protection Act in 2012 and it came into
force in 2013.

The Act elaborates on the constitutional provisions listed above including
consumer rights and obligations relating to different agreements including
but not limited to internet agreements, banking and financial services,
motor vehicle repairs and so on. It also provides a raft of remedies for
consumers and establishes the Kenya Consumer Protection Advisory Committee
(KECOPAC) whose 9 members were installed in office sometime in 2013.

You can DL and read the Consumer protection act
<http://www.kenyalaw.org:8181/exist/rest/db/kenyalex/Kenya/Legislation/English/Acts%20and%20Regulations/C/Consumer%20Protection%20Act%20No.%2046%20of%202012/docs/Consumer%20Protection%20Act%20No.%2046%20of%202012.pdf>

Regards

Victor

Victor Kapiyo

*“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude” Zig
Ziglar*

On 23 July 2015 at 18:30, Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet <