[kictanet] [Security Forum] #KeIGF15 Online Discussions Day Three: Internet Economy

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 09:45:13 EAT 2015

Many thanks Fred and Grace for contributing to the discussion thread.
We welcome more input from  colleagues as we move along. A while back
i came across information that COFEK was working on a Consumer
protection act similar to the South African one. It would be good to
know where they reached or got stuck. The Communications Authority had
also launched a series of campaigns to protect consumers which seem to
have slowed down after the organization re-branded. However it would
be usefull to know the impact such initiatives made in the sector as
well. It is my hope that we can get an update from COFEK on the
progress made with the bill.

Thank you

Best Regards