[kictanet] Anonymous hacks Kenya Defence Forces Twitter account

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 11:45:32 EAT 2015

@Liz,
I consider security to be in the same league as insurance. No one wants to shoulder the cost of insurance since they believe disaster only happens to others.  People take certain types of insurance (e.g. vehicle, employee, etc) seriously simply because the law mandates them to.
That is why I agree with what Eng. J. Kariuki said as copied below.  It is about the laws & regulations. In Kenya we are still awaiting the following security related laws:
i) Data Protection Act (force data handlers to care for data collected)ii) e-Transaction Act (provide framework for electronic contracts/transcations)iii) Cybercrime Act (provide comprehensive framework for investigation, handling and prosecuting e-Crimes)iv) Access to Information Act(formerly Freedom of Info Act)-provide framework of government to disclose/share public interest data.
Unless and until the above legal regime kicks in, we shall remain the weakest link in the global chain of defence against cybercrime.
walu.