[kictanet] [Security Forum] [Skunkworks] #KeIGF15 Online Discussions Day Two: Cyber Security and Trust

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Jul 21 18:27:06 EAT 2015

On 21 July 2015 at 18:11, Lesley Leposo via Security <
security at lists.my.co.ke> wrote:

> I can see why they would use open source software, other than it being
> free.
> But, my point of view only makes sense if the GOK, businesses and
> universities also fostered/sponsored some (moderately) experienced COMODO
> tinkerers/hackers.

But surely, why should we use some free or open initiatives like COMODO
while we dished out more than $8M of taxpayers money on the National PKI?
Is there a problem somewhere? Or this are just allegations

On another note, is it possible for somebody in a position of authority,
say CA or ICTA to be so kind as to share the implementation status of the
National PKI with the community?

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson