[kictanet] eCitizen - for visitor visa's

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Jul 3 20:08:26 EAT 2015

I'm flying in on Sunday to attend the African DNS workshop. I see that
from Yesterday - I should get an eVisa...... and that applications take
at least two days and up to seven days....

I hold a UK Passport... ho hum...

I'm unsure why there should be an extra 1$ service fee - as the usual
$50 should surly include all service fees? The $1 is no biggie - but as
the folks who would check visitor visa's now should have less to do -
would that not cove the $1????  :-)

Part of the instructions read that you can not scan photographs, yet the
system depends on you scanning photographs...

After uploading a (scanned) picture, I entered the Visa section.

I'm confused as to why it wants another picture of me???

I'm hoping that it'll store everything - so every time I (re)apply for a
visa - it already knows my previous answers - which generally will not
change.

Lastly - anyone know why it should take up to seven (working?) days????

Anyone know any of the developers?

So glad its not compulsory for the next 60 days.. :-)
--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496