[kictanet] [isoc_ke] Fwd: Tough new rules force all Internet users to list their gadgets

Josiah Mugambi josiah.mugambi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:00:58 EAT 2015

I'm looking forward to a formal statement on the CA website on this matter.

*Cyber Security*

I just don't see how this works out. If the aim is combating cybersecurity,
any (black hat) hacker worth his/her salt will obfuscate their
identity/location using any number of ways. And getting online via  a
public hotspot is only one of a myriad of ways.

What defines public wifi? How would this be enforced? Is it even possible?
Any android smart phone can be turned into a (public) wifi hotspot, how
would this be 'policed'.

Cyber security is a big deal in this connected world, but I do not think
that this is the way to combat it.

*Local Hosting*
Enforced Local hosting: This is really simple;  why get involved in what is
essentially a business decision? If we want local hosting done locally, we
need to help the likes of Angani be competitive globally, I don't think
legislation is the way there.

I'm really looking forward to this edition of the KIGF. Timing couldn't be
better.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 1:32 PM Grace Githaiga via kictanet <