[kictanet] Music Copyright Owners sue ISPs for allowing Kenyans to download content illegally

cdohnio cdohnio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:18:15 EAT 2015

Benard,
"So are we saying its ok to steal a goat from your neighbor who wont sell
it to you and you don't have a goat yet you really need one?"
Let's look at the example you given and compare it to pirating content.
When I steal your goat, you no longer have a goat but I do. When I "steal"
your content I have a copy and you have a copy. You've lost nothing. You
still have your copy.
Trying to draw parallel to physical objects is, sorry to use this again,
disingenuous.

As for the artists from rural Kenya, don't pretend this fight is for them,
it's for your bottom lines. All the local services mentioned so far,
despite being a pirate I've used them all, only have the "popular" artists
from Kenya on them. Try find an artist like G'Zay from Nakuru, he's a great
artist find him on soundcloud and listen to Hakuna Matata, and you come up
empty. The rural artists you seem so concerned about make their money the
way any selfrespecting artist does, through performances and merchandising.

All the best,
princelySid

*Twitter:* @princelySid | *Website: *cdohnio.blogspot.com