[kictanet] kictanet Digest, Vol 92, Issue 98

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 10:22:22 EAT 2015

Morning.

The nation article noted:

"It was, however, clear from her statements that bureaucratic  tendering,
resource constraints and the slow pace of takeoff had largely influenced
her decision..."

Essentially, how do you think some of the issues noted in the statement can
be resolved? Repeatedly we have heard, since NARC days, from the highest
levels of office, about how slow (bureaucratic) procurement is in Kenya.

What is in place to ensure lower budgets, quotations, offers are not used
to discourage or sabotage progressive talent and works requiring higher
budgets?

How can our procurement (whether manual or electronic) system factor the
motivation of talent?