[kictanet] The battle for control of Kenyan Digital airspace

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Wed Jan 21 15:48:09 EAT 2015

On 21 January 2015 at 12:38, Mark Mwangi via kictanet <

> As I understand it the Settop boxes being ordered by the 3 companies will
> carry exactly 4 signals. Why you would buy that and ignore the Signet and
> PANG channels makes no sense for a household. Even if they withdraw their
> sinals from PANG and Signet, would you happily keep watching 4 stations
> when you can get loads more for free??

It has been clarified  elsewhere that any setbox whichever the vendor will
carry all Free To Air (FTA) channels. What we should understand is that a
setbox is a component of a TV, only that the setbox is external because our
old TVs were analog and buying new digital TVs would not be cost effective.
Therefore, no FTA channel owner can deny anybody from accessing content
from say a digital LG and Samsung but allow Sony and Sanyo.

CCK seems to have flexed it's muscle by reigning on the fallacy that was
being perpetrated by the 3 media houses.

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson