[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Milestone: Half of Kenyans are now online, how long till half of them use Bitcoin?

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:51:45 EAT 2015

Mwendwa, the  best placed organisation to mainstreaming cable internet is
Kenya Power. Drop a fiber endpoint at every new building they connect to
the power grid. It could be live with their own service or dark for lease
to the likes of zuku or Safaricom. the companies can take care of the
interior cabling.

Kenya Power is a service provider not an electricity company. If every
building with a power connection had a fiber connection irregardless of
whether it is used or not then the story of the last mile would be moot.

If we insist Safaricom, zuku and whomever else lays their fibre then the
cost will remain high.

Ali, I am still not convinced. Just try and count the connections available
to you and similar peers. You could find your circle of friends controls
upwards of 500 connections that are all counted as different individuals.
Much the same way Safaricom counts every SIM sold as a new subscriber.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Ali Hussein via kictanet <

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke