[kictanet] Breaking: Kenya’s M-Kopa Solar Closes $12.45 million Fourth Funding Round (What fluff?)

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:52:02 EAT 2015

HOW M-KOPA SOLAR BECAME 2ND BUSIEST MPESA PAYBILL MOVER

With 12,000 MPESA paybill transactions daily, Mkopa Solar is second only to
KPLC in daily transaction volumes, founder Jesse Moore says.

The company that sells solar units to off-grid customers for use in
lighting their homes and charging their phones on instalments of Sh40 a day
for 360 days currently has over 130,000 customers in Kenya, Uganda and
Tanzania.

http://nairobitech.blogspot.com/2015/01/how-m-kopa-solar-became-2nd-busiest.html

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Kipkemoi Kiptum via kictanet <