[kictanet] Day2 of 3:-Re: #First100Days #ICTWishList

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 10:02:25 EAT 2015

Hi Walu,

Add this to the list:

The issue of laptops for school children should be shelved. Instead, the
line ministry should adopt a computer lab type of implementation
(N-Computing comes to mind) where computer labs are set, probably on
properly designed 40-feet containers equipped with solar+electricity power.
This makes more economic sense than havingeach child with a laptop which
will only create headache on maintenance, thefts, etc.

On 23 December 2015 at 09:09, Walubengo J via kictanet <

> Listers,
>
> You have had from the CS himself.  Bring out the ideas so that we compile
> into one report.  Dont think or research too hard..since that is already
> done in our V2030, ICT Masterplan, National Broadband Plans etc.
>
> What we need to collect is really the quick wins..those
> #Magufuli_Moments...things that can make us feel the future is bright :-)
>
> I have one more...
>
> * Use tyranny of numbers (in Parliament) to pass the Access to Information
> Act.
>
> Plse add more on-list or  @
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WG3JvLkOETkzd1y74Ue0-D5NtfqavYrkOf7jOKQbZto/edit
>
> we close tomorrow 1pm.
>
> walu.

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223
"I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler."