[kictanet] Brazilians Locked out of WhatsApp

Lawrence Njogu lnjogu at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 03:32:41 EAT 2015

The Safe Harbor principles cover your use case, other very complicated ones. They provide guidance and decisions on the adequacy of the protection of personal data when it is transferred to other countries
Google uses very complex methods of data storage and security including obfuscation methods i.e they do not keep all of your files in one place but splits them up and stores them on multiple files on several machines in different locations & territories. That is why it is important to have  renewed and sound framework for transatlantic data flows.
Since technology trends are always ahead of the curve, it is our mandate to help our regulators and governments to come up with policies and framework that protect our interests.