[kictanet] Public Notice by CBK on Virtual Currencies

Mark Kipyegon mkipyegon at outlook.com
Thu Dec 17 09:51:37 EAT 2015

The peer to peer nature of bitcoin is designed to remove the need of a
central regulatory authority.

The blockchain [1] that supports bitcoin covers the risk of not having a
central authority i.e. a trusted third party by recording every bitcoin
transaction in the public domain.

For those who wish to learn more, the original paper on bitcoin is
available online [2]

[1] http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/blockchain.asp

[2] https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf